There are tons of ways to have fun and explore the world in Girl Scouts. It all depends on what you’re interested in. Take a look!
You can join a troop
- You’ll get together with your friends to play games, go on field trips, and explore the outdoors. Earn badges as you learn to do all kinds of fun things—like painting, camping, geocaching, creating inventions, planting gardens, and so much more. Whether you get together once a week or once a month, you’ll find yourself counting the days until your troop meeting.
You can get outdoors or go to camp
- At camp, you’ll develop the kind of outdoor skills that are hard to build anywhere else. Skills like safely building a campfire, pitching a tent, or canoeing across a lake. Hey, how about adding some horseback riding, rock climbing, and archery to the mix? Don’t forget to round things out with a ropes course, some zip-lining, and maybe a week-long back-country hike! You’ll find out how much fun it can be to unplug and explore the world around you.
- We offer activities in your neighborhood, in your city, and all over Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York (15 counties to be precise!) There is bound to be at least one event you’ll want to check out. From pottery to STEM and overnight camping to white water rafting, we have something for everyone! Check out our Adventure Calendar to get a sense of all our events.
You can sell Girl Scout Cookies, Candies & Nuts
(and have fun doing it)- Girl Scout Cookies are fantastic and so are our Candy & Nuts. Besides being delicious, they are super fun to sell and you'll learn five fantastic skills along the way! These two sales experiences allow you to appreciate your hard work by paying for your camping trips, events, and worldly travels. How many girls can say they paid for all that on their own?
Travel the World
- From local field trips to global adventures—if you love exploring different places and cultures, then Girl Scouts is the place for you! Make friends from all over the country and world, as you visit our five World Centers! So pack your bags and get ready for inspiring, life-changing experiences when you travel with your Girl Scout sisters.
Blaze Your Own Trail
- Juliette Girl Scouts are registered girl members, in grades K-12, who are not affiliated with a troop. Participate in a way that fits your schedule, attend events and participate in activities that meet your needs and interests. As a Juliette, you won't attend troop meetings; instead you will work on Girl Scout programs with the guidance of an adult. You decide what activities to participate in and which awards to complete.
Become a Juliette
- Juliettes are independent Girl Scouts who have guidance from a mentor, usually a parent or another adult. As a Juliette, you can be invited to Troop meetings, but you can also work on Girl Scout materials on your schedule. You decide what activities and events to participate in, which earned recognitions and awards you wish to complete, participate in the sales of Cookies, Candy & Nuts—it’s Girl Scouting custom-made for you by you
about what Girl Scouts do by age.